Confirmation is conferred each year between March and June, depending upon the Bishop’s diary.
Preparation begins in November of the preceding year. This programme consists of:
1. An induction meeting for parents and candidates (a detailed pack is available after each weekend Mass for at least five weeks before the induction meeting).
2. A Mass of welcome and presentation of candidates to the Parish.
3. A series of workshops on Friday evenings – 7 to 8.15 pm.
4. An away-day on a Saturday – usually mid way through the programme.
5. A service of reconciliation close to the confirmation ceremony.
6. A rehearsal for candidates, sponsors and parents a few days before the actual ceremony.
During this period we aim to have at least three meetings with and for the parents.
Candidates must be practising Catholics ie: they must be baptised, have made first Holy Communion and be attending Sunday Mass regularly.
They must be in Year nine of secondary school or older.
Candidates not baptised in Corpus Christi Parish must produce their baptism certificate to the Co-ordinator of this programme at least two months before the Confirmation Ceremony.
They must be willing to co-operate with catechists and other members of the group preparing for Confirmation.
They must choose a Confirmation name which is significant from a Christian perspective.
Normally candidates are allowed one sponsor at Confirmation; an exception would be where the Godparents are both available at the Confirmation.
This years candidates will be confirmed on Sunday 11th June 2017 at 3pm in Corpus Christi.